Develop an Action Plan
Start by Creating a Checklist
Make a checklist of the items you want to take with you. If you have time, check off each item as you complete it. If not, just get out!
- Take Go Bags, important documents, valuables (jewelry, paintings, and photos)
- Take your Emergency Communication Plan
- Make sure you have the supplies you need for medical and dietary needs
- Take supplies of non-perishable food and water
- Have a plan for where you'll stay if you can't be in your home
- Take pets (and food and water for them)
- Take care of livestock
- Turn off utilities
- Close windows and skylights
- Lock house
When you need to evacuate, check off each item then get out!
Always rehearse your plan ahead of time.