Do you like to take photos or videos? Ever thought about being a reporter or news paper editor? Or do you like keeping things in order?
Work on the website is interesting, even fun. The time commitment is low to moderate, but the rewards are high. You will be accomplishing important work to make our neighborhoods more safe and you can tell your techy grandkids that you edit a website! And how cool is that?
Volunteer positions are open for persons who would like to work on this website. There is a need for people who can:
- edit and/or place articles and photos onto the website. (Editing requires a skill level and some past experience. Placing articles requires experience using a word processor and inserting photos into the text.)
- take photos at our open meetings and document fire safe projects carried out in our communities. (This work does not require professional experience.)
- take videos of our meetings that will be published on this website for those who were not able to attend. (This work does not require professional experience.)
- maintain a data base using Mailchimp. (Prior experience with Mailchimp is preferred, though experience using spreadsheets may be sufficient.)
- update the website calendar. (This work does not require professional experience.)
You can learn more about these things without making an immediate commitment. Click here to contact the website committee chair.